Sunday, July 7, 2013

raghava reddy -86 th year birthday


    I enter  86 th year of  my age  and feel happy. But mere adding years to age is not enough, as though breath were life .We must bear  in mind Swami Vivekananda's comment.
"They alone live who live for others, rest are more dead than alive"
Life itself has no value. Values have to be built  by learning from profound thinkers, learned writers, wisdom spreading  persons without jealousy and ego.
“Anyone who stops learning is old;
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young”.
.........Henry Ford
My experience tells me that my happiness lies in arranging my Mind than furniture in my room. It is a decision I take every morning when I wake up. I have a choice.
I can spend the day in the bed recounting difficulty I have with the parts of the body that no longer work or get out of the bed and be thankful if the other parts of the body do not give trouble.
 Each day is a gift of God as long as my eyes open. I derive inspiration from the famous Urdu poet Allama Iqbal who in his oriental wisdom, asked us to learn from the wave, which says of to itself;
WHEN I AM ROLLING, I EXIST;
WHEN I REST, I AM NO MORE
  In oldage  maintain young  spirit as Rabinranath Tagore said;
Let your life lightly dance on the edge of time; like dew on the tip of a leaf”
Eminent Professor  I V  Chelpati Rao in one of his books says  that when a famous woman writer was felicitated in a meeting of her numerous admirers on her 90 Th birthday and a speaker expressed his wish that she should live to become a centenarian, she said in her reply why do you set limits to God’s bounty?
All the sugar is at the bottom of the cup. Real pleasure is advanced age when minds are mature and judgement becomes mellowed. These are the golden years of life”
Prof Dr Rao 92, hale and healthy is visiting professor to various  universities and a distinguished writer. Recently I met him in a function.
I asked him how are you Sir; smilingly he said the sugar is in the bottom of the cup,Raghav Keep going with the  feeling of fulfilment which is the greatest achievement in life.
I was reminded of the ancient Sanskrit saying;
 “When you were born you cried
while the world rejoiced,
Live your life in such a way that when you die
the world cries while you rejoice.”
Coming to my health problem I am bedridden with severe spine ache apart from stomach Cancer. I avoided risky spine surgery in Hinduja Hospital  Mumbai  and  managing excruciating  pain myself by sheer will power keeping in mind these wise words;
"Humble yourself and show panorama of your good heart
Be content with what you have;
Rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing
the whole world belongs to you.
                                -- Tao Te Ching
                    With all rhese dreadful ailments I will try  to be amongst you ..
 Please open the link and hear this song of Rafi.




More Posts by Raghava Reddy

No comments: